Wednesday 28 January 2009

Radio Interviews

Yesterday I got up at 6am, which is actually quite unusual, as my 8 week old son seems to fall into his deepest daily sleep from 4 to 8am. However he was already up, hungry and proving quite exhausting to my wife, who didn't get much sleep.

So I quickly showered, buttered some toast for my wife and rushed out the door to get to my interview with BBC Radio Merseyside at 7am. Tony Snell was very sympathetic, and I was able to communicate our volunteer drive and our services to the local audience.

As a result, we had an initial positive volunteer enquiry yesterday, and hopefully the other coverage we have been getting will mean more people getting in touch in the areas we are recruiting our volunteers.

Our new Chief Exec, Jeremy Todd, did his first radio interview for us with BBC Radio Essex and came across as both positive and well informed about his new role. We'll be hoping to get further coverage for him as he settles into the new role.

No comments:

Post a Comment