Tuesday 27 January 2009

I want my mum back!

"I want my mum back!" was the cry from my three-year-old daughter when I told her I was going to work yesterday morning. She is getting wise to things now and doesn't miss a trick, having questioned me as to why I had some coffee in my bag, with my response being that I was taking it to work.

She was suddenly gripped by a sense of panic and ordered me to stay at home so I could collect her from her morning nursery session. We had a chat and I explained that lots of mummys and daddys work, including her friends' mums and dads, and then she was happy again, going off to find something to play with among the mass of toys that fill one corner of our living room!

It's tough juggling family life and work and comments like "I want my mum back" first thing in the morning amidst the usual mad rush to get everyone ready for work and school can knock you for six! Kids certainly have a great way of expressing themselves and this is one memory that will be firmly lodged in my brain for years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment